Hong Kong Secondary School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hong Kong Secondary School

Welcome to our Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lokman

Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f Empty
PostSubject: Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f   Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:05 pm

No Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Mr Chow

PostSubject: Re: Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f   Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:06 pm

I think you can prove it with some form 3 mathametics by drawing ray diagrams. But I am not sure if this method work because I do not know how to draw ray diagram with curved mirror. But maybe there are another method. By using of the fact that image formed by convex lens is the same to that formed by concave mirror with same focal length but reflected along the optical instrument, without changing its properties(real/virtual, erect/inverted, etc). And the same as concave lens and convex mirror, we can conclude that mirror formula is the same as lens formula except f is positive for concave mirror and is negetive for convex mirror. sunny
Back to top Go down
Tin

PostSubject: Re: Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f   Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Teachers doesn't teach us ar~
I suggest you to read some books I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f   Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prove the mirror formula that 1/u + 1/v = 1/f
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hong Kong Secondary School :: Your first category :: Subject :: Phy-
Jump to: